This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Let me first say, no, I’m not conceited, egocentric, nor self-centered.

But I am confident enough to say that I am really my biggest inspiration.

I’m 19 years old, and I know many others have dealt with situations way worse than mine, but with all the things that have happened in my life, I have always handled everything in the best way I could at the time.

Especially this last month, my mental and physical state have been at such a low, probably the worst it’s been in my life ever, and now, April 2nd of 2020, I feel proud to be the person I have become.

Being diagnosed with Pneumonia, texting my ex, one of my family members causing issues, moving back home because of Miss Rona, losing friendships, and even just sorority events I was looking forward to, these things have caused an immense amount of stress to my life, and I haven’t really been able to talk deeply about all these things with anyone, and I feel like that’s what has done me good, honestly.

I have major trust issues, I am definitely not afraid to get that out there, and I’m actually insecure about myself in a lot of things, but with this quarantine, it has given me the time and chance to delve deep into my psyche all by myself.

I have learned to keep to myself more, to keep my things private. I’ve started to paint more, read more, plant, journal, relax more. That’s something I thought I’d never say really. If you know me personally you’ll know that I am pretty much stressed 100% of the time. Meditation is great! Man, I should write about all the things I’m doing during this quarantine…

I believe I’ve really changed for the better, and I am excited to get to know myself again.

I’m just really working on me & the relationships with those closest to me, and that’s tea.

(~˘▾˘)~ Yilian Martinez (she/her/hers) is a graduating senior majoring in Integrated Public Relations & Advertising at the University of South Florida. She is the first in her family to attend school in America, and she hopes to inspire immigrants all over the country someday.
Emely is a rising junior at The University of Tampa. She studies advertising and PR with a focusing on digital marketing. When she isn't bumping to J Cole, Drake or Aventura she's reading up on anything astrological, or editing photos for her food IG. As a New York City native, she loves exploring the cities micro-neighborhoods for their cuisine, music, and fashion. If you want to know more about Emely, follow her on Instagram - @aemiliatertia - or Twitter - @ThatEmely