Motivation Monday: Distance Yourself

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Whenever you feel that your life is falling apart, take a step back. Go somewhere new because distance can teach you more than you can imagine. Whenever you feel that you’re in the wrong place, pack up and leave. Go meet new people that will make you feel worthy again. 

Sometimes you can go somewhere and meet people who make you feel special in a very short time. They remind you that it’s not about how long you’ve known someone; it’s about the impact they leave with you. Distance will show you the true colors of these people.

Distance doesn’t have to only mean packing up and leaving. Sometimes all you need is to distance yourself from people by spending some time alone. It’s healthy. You learn how to be responsible and you don’t need to rely on other people. You learn to put your priorities first and sometimes being selfish is okay because you can’t always do everything for everyone. For some reason whenever people hear “distance” they think negative thoughts, but I believe that distance can bring out the best in you. It forces you to think and make changes. It forces you to step out of your comfort-zone.

You need to learn how to enjoy yourself so you can enjoy other people’s company. Whether it’s going to another city or just disappearing on the beach or in your own room because that’s all you need to be re-charged again and not feeling lost. You learn that it’s okay to not be okay.

At the end of the day, we all need to take a step back and look at our lives. We think that nothing is changing, but the truth is that we change every day without realizing. Our daily choices have an impact on the bigger picture that we usually forget to look at. Distancing yourself for a while forces you to look at the bigger picture, which is why I personally believe distance is a life lesson that everyone needs to go through.

Source