This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Have you ever been told “you don’t really love me” by a man, ladies? Men, do you not realize how much we value you, like what is it? You were so damaged by the previous woman that you can’t even properly love a woman. In fact, I bet any woman would love you ten times more than she did if you tried to erase the past. When you don’t love us, we begin to overthink and do things out of the ordinary. Like, seriously, men, all a woman wants is you to be real, but this is what goes on in our mind.

We genuinely desire sincerity, reliability, empathy, and drive. We give it to you with all of our might, but you turn around and betray us. For instance, why do males lie? I am aware of over a thousand women who repeatedly ask themselves the same question when they gaze in the mirror. We can never be sure. Then, we attempt to change our appearance and carry out his demands. We’re giving these men complete power over our transformation. Men, your conceits and criticism suck us dry! Just show us the proper love. However, we won’t raise a man.

We’ll only communicate with you, but you’ll have to earn our bodies, love, and gifts. You’re crazy if you’re out with other women, sleeping with them, taking care of her, and then come back to us smiling like everything is fine. Even though we have the opportunity to treat you the same way that you treat us, we choose to remain loyal to you while sitting here every day. However, the best revenge is silence. If you guys could simply genuinely love a woman the way she deserves, everything would be so much simpler. But thank you for not making it simple because it’ll only stress you out more when the woman you thought would stay leaves your life for good. 

For instance, your presence is all we want. We don’t even need to travel to a pricey location. Let’s watch a movie, have some food, and chat about life in general while sitting on the couch. Maybe we do go out on a date; it doesn’t have to be fancy, just somewhere memorable. All we want from a man is for him to be by our side, to guide and inspire us to become better women. Just be a man or leave this relationship; we can’t do all the work on our own all the time. If not, you’ll constantly hear our cries and rants.

Men, this is real personal; you might want to reconsider your actions.

a note to womEn

We can’t just wait for men to mature since we aren’t their mothers and can’t raise them. Walk away if that man merely doesn’t wish to inspire you with compassion, trust, and drive. It might not be simple, but it will be clear to him that you are in complete control. I once heard someone amazing say, “Your vagina she’s the most precious thing in the world.” You shouldn’t be with a man if you get the impression that he’s only interested in having sex. When a man loves you, it shows in his actions, words, and presence. He will embrace you highly and encourage you to become a better woman. He will let everyone know you are his partner, and he won’t humiliate you in public. You’ll eventually develop and grow as a team. You should be crying over having a good man by your side. This is personal.

Jaide Edwards is a writer at the Her Campus at Tampa chapter. She writes about her experiences, women empowerment, entertainment, and encouraging others. Beyond Her Campus, Jaide is a undergraduate student at The University of Tampa, aiming to get her B.A degree in journalism. Making her way to her path she works very hard with her writing assignments, her poetry book, businesses and continues to build her portfolio for her dream career. In her free time, Jaide enjoys writing poems, digital graphic design, going out, and networking. She recently started her own business being a social media manager while doing digital graphic design services for others. She also wrote her own E-Book that'll be published soon. So, Jaide is a perfect example of beauty and brains.