This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Lovecraft Country’s first season has officially come to an end, and oh my God. I’ve never really been able to watch weekly episodes. At some point, I forget about the next episode and never look back. Lovecraft Country, however, found a way to keep me around. They filled my Sundays with love, joy, family, heartbreak, and suspense. But a good kind of heartbreak, the kind that makes your heart warm. The show was based in the 50s, and made sure we remembered that, with little black-history cues spread throughout the show that were so tasteful. The actors put their hearts and souls into their roles, and completely brought their characters to life. You had the opportunity to build a relationship with each one throughout the show, and every last one of them stole my heart. I had my heart shattered and mended many times over and all I’m filled with is pure love for this show. The acting, the outfits, the script, all of it was *chefs kiss*. A beautiful show with a gut-wrenching ending.

University o Tampa '21 Journalism Major Just a Kenyan girl navigating life in a new country.
Amanda Thompson is a native of Portland, Maine who is currently a Senior studying Communications at The University of Tampa. When she's not binge-watching New Girl, you can find her dancing around to Jhené Aiko, Lana Del Rey or Kehlani. If you want to keep up with Amanda, follow her on Instagram @amaandathompson