This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Before we get started let’s make it clear that constantly staying up all night can cause serious health habits and we should try to avoid staying up all night. But if you must… here are my tips on how to stay up all night long.

Make caffeine your amigo

Coffee, Redbull, Green tea should be by your time at all times. My best suggestion would be a matcha latte. Matcha is SO good for you. I had a matcha latte at 6 pm after a long day of work and I was up till 4 am feeling like I could go on for longer. My boyfriend walked into me cleaning my room like it was mid-afternoon and asked if I was okay and I was. The drink is made with a form a green tea that’s highly caffeinated. There isn’t any extra sugar added (unless you get it at Starbucks), so it doesn’t give you that sugar kick that coffee does it really just awakens your mind and body (making it almost impossible to fall asleep (I stared at the ceiling for a good 30 minutes before knocking out).

Stay focused.

You have one purpose. To finish that paper, presentation, or project. Although watching an episode of [insert favorite show here] while simultaneously writing your paper makes it less painful, you’re paying more attention to the show than that paper. Get it done and if you really want to watch that episode do it once you’re fully done. Which brings me to my next point…

Treat yourself/Take breaks

If you’re 3 hours deep into this paper… sis, take a break. Take a 30-45-minute break, watch an episode and eat a little something so that your mind keeps running. Make sure you don’t get too comfy (blanket, feet kicked up) so that you don’t accidentally fall asleep. 

Work in a bright room

This does not mean a super cute with twinkly lights setting, but more of a super bright all-around lighting. Making sure your room is well lit will make sure your eyes are wide opened, and that you don’t get too cozy.

And when all else fails…

7-minute workout

This will get your blood pumping, mind running, and it’s short enough to not completely take all of your energy just get it started once again.

Those are my tips. Hope they help out. Best of luck to you and your work :)

Emely is a rising junior at The University of Tampa. She studies advertising and PR with a focusing on digital marketing. When she isn't bumping to J Cole, Drake or Aventura she's reading up on anything astrological, or editing photos for her food IG. As a New York City native, she loves exploring the cities micro-neighborhoods for their cuisine, music, and fashion. If you want to know more about Emely, follow her on Instagram - @aemiliatertia - or Twitter - @ThatEmely