This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

With the cold winter months coming to an end, cuffing season is too for some people. Breakups can be physically, emotionally and mentally exhausting, but here are some tips on how to stay functional during a breakup. It doesn’t matter what kind of breakup it was-romantic or a friend break up, they still suck.

• Always remember the bigger picture. This is a temporary feeling and you have definitely overcome much worse before. Every door that closes, leads to another that’s open with many more opportunities.
  • Surround yourself with good people who have good energy. The last thing you need is to be brought down more.
  • Be productive. You could eat ice cream and binge watch a bad TV show but going to the gym or getting some extra work out of the way is a much better alternative.
Emely is a rising junior at The University of Tampa. She studies advertising and PR with a focusing on digital marketing. When she isn't bumping to J Cole, Drake or Aventura she's reading up on anything astrological, or editing photos for her food IG. As a New York City native, she loves exploring the cities micro-neighborhoods for their cuisine, music, and fashion. If you want to know more about Emely, follow her on Instagram - @aemiliatertia - or Twitter - @ThatEmely