Her Campus UT’s Spring Break Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Grab your sunglasses, tanning lotion, camera, and passport because it’s time to get ready for spring break! While various cities in Florida are major destinations for spring breakers, it can be just as fun to travel out of the country. Here is a list of places that we think are worth the trip. 

1. Walt Disney World

Who wouldn’t want to spend a week at the place where dreams come true? There are four theme parks, two water parks, a Downtown shopping district, and golf courses, so there will never be a dull moment while on Disney property. It’s time to go find your ears and Disney t-shirts, and let the magic begin!

2. Panama City Beach

It’s time to head up to the panhandle of Florida and see the Gulf of Mexico from a different perspective. Panama City Beach is the number one spring break destination in the United States, filled with beaches, nightlife, and thousands of college students. I am sure you will make many friends and never forget this experience.

3. Miami

Miami is a great option to get away from campus and experience what it is like to be in major city. It’s time to live it up like the Jersey Shore cast, and hit the biggest clubs and popular sites with your friends.

4. Key West

If you love the water and extremely warm temperatures, than the Florida Keys are a great location for you! With endless water sports and activities, you are sure to get a great tan in just a few days. 

5. Cruising

Need an easy and simple trip to plan for your spring break? Take a cruise. Cruising is perfect for college students, because all they have to do is drive to the port and hop onto the ship. Find your passport and be prepared for the sail of a lifetime.

6. Service trip

Want to spend your week off from classes to help those in need? Than sign up for a service trip this spring break. The PEACE organization here at UT is offering a couple of alternative trips this spring break about coastal restoration and food insecurity and sustainable agriculture. For a small traveling fee, you can go out and make a difference in one week.

7. Camping

Grab some friends, a tent, canned food, s’mores, and sleeping bags because it is time to become one with nature. You will create some “wild” memories with your friends that you will never forget.

8. Staying on campus

Go for a walk at Curtis-Hixon Park, visit the animals at Tampa Lowry Park Zoo, purchase a student ticket for a Lightning game, or take a stroll along Bayshore. Even if you do not have a car on campus, you can easily walk to Downtown Tampa, Channelside, and Bayshore Boulevard, and when in doubt you can enjoy the pool on campus, sleep all day, and watch Netflix all night.

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Jennifer McElroy is currently a Senior earning a degree in Communications and a double minor in Advertising and Applied Dance. She has resided in Florida for most of her life and lives in the sunny and beautiful Sarasota. When Jennifer is not in dance rehearsals or stuck in her room doing homework, she enjoys going to the gym, shopping, spending quality time with friends, and eating cookies.