This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

With many universities and schools being closed, including our own, for the rest of the semester I thought it would be good to compile some apps that one can use to entertain themselves in this time of social distancing! 

Games: 

1. Mario Kart 

This app is just like the real video game but makes your phone the controller and the screen. Beware, you won’t be able to stop! 

2. Candy Crush 

While many have forgotten about Candy Crush I still find it a fun way to pass time while also getting a level up easily 

3. Gamepigeon

This gaming app connects to your text messages and allows you to play with friends and family from afar with a bunch of different options 

Food/recipes: 

1. Tasty 

I swear by this app. They have so many different recipes with walk through videos that are really creative and easy. 

2. Food Network 

This app is great because it’s like having the food network channel on your phone. Watch videos, read recipes, or look at trending food topics. 

3. Yelp 

While Yelp isn’t a recipe app I think we all love eating out and it’s not something a lot of us are keen on doing right now. However, now is a great time to read some reviews on new restaurants or ones you’ve been wanting to try to make a list of places you want to go in the future! 

Education:

1. Duolingo 

If you’ve always wanted to learn another language and haven’t had the time to before, the time is now! Duolingo in my opinion is one of the best apps for learning a new language in an easy and fun way. 

2. Think Dirty 

Think Dirty is an app that has millions of different products for all sorts of categories with their ingredients rated by health and cleanliness for your body. If you’ve been interested in converting to a more clean product lifestyle this is a great place to get the information. 

3. Goop 

Goop is a health and wellness lifestyle brand that puts out articles on a variety of topics that are great to read when you have a free moment. 

Mental/Physical Health: 

1. Fiton 

Fiton is my newest addiction and I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of it. This workout app has hundreds of different workouts with all sorts of instructors and varieties of kinds of workout, all for free! 

2. Calm 

Calm is a meditation app that has a multitude of different guided meditations, breathing styles, and timed meditations, giving you control of your experience. This is a great app for someone looking to find some peace! 

3. Nike 

Nike has lots of great work out videos and programs that are free for a limited time now! Check it out and see if you vibe with any of them. 

I hope you find some entertainment in these apps and are enjoying your free time we all rarely get! 

International Business and Marketing major at the University of Tampa!
Emely is a rising junior at The University of Tampa. She studies advertising and PR with a focusing on digital marketing. When she isn't bumping to J Cole, Drake or Aventura she's reading up on anything astrological, or editing photos for her food IG. As a New York City native, she loves exploring the cities micro-neighborhoods for their cuisine, music, and fashion. If you want to know more about Emely, follow her on Instagram - @aemiliatertia - or Twitter - @ThatEmely