This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

2022 where did the time go? It feels like just yesterday I was wearing Justice clothes head to toe, listening to Justin Bieber and One Direction. Now, this is the year some of us are graduating, going to college, getting married, having children, and many more new beginnings! As the new year is right around the corner, I always like to set new goals and boundaries for myself; it sounds scary, and it can be, but now I can say I’ve tried new things, right? Here are some examples of what your goals can be like:

1. Starting to exercise/ exercise more.
    1. Any type of exercise is great for your body and your mind. Going for walks in the morning, afternoon, or evening, doing cardio, lifting weights, and going to yoga classes are all different types of exercises that are each very beneficial! It is also a great stress reliever. So, get out and try something new! But remember, everything takes time.
  2. Doing things that benefit you/ your mental health.
    1. Journaling, going to therapy, manifesting, and meditation are all great ways to help you become a better you! Over the last few weeks, I have noticed that journaling is very calming, and when I say journaling, I mean writing anything and everything. Give it a try! You never know how helpful it can be to you. 
  3. Finding new ways to embrace who you are.
    1. Doing this can be very scary at first, but finding yourself will make you more confident than ever. You can do this by changing your style, trying a new hair color, getting some piercings or tattoos, or learning a new language. You are not limited to trying new things to better yourself. Try anything!
  4. Lastly, looking back on how far you have come. Times are changing; it’s a new year! Let’s find ways to be the best version of ourselves.

Have fun setting goals for yourself! The limit is endless…

Hi! My name is Justice Pautz, I am a freshman at The University of Tampa! I am currently a communications major and hope to one day work for a newspaper/magazine company in a large city. On my free time, I love to journal and go to the gym!