This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

When your living space and home are organized, you find yourself relaxing and over time, becoming more organized yourself. Before Coronavirus hit, I found that I was very organized in school and with work, as well as planning with friends and social events.  However, because I was so busy, my living space was tidy, but not necessarily super organized. Since Coronavirus has slowed everything down a little, it gave me the time to really invest in myself and organize the spaces I inhabit, which in turn has really helped me on a day to day basis in my life. Within this article I will give some resources to help get your home and yourself organized and some actual things you can acquire to get you on your way!  

Resources: 

These books, websites, and shows have helped me really get motivated and understand the power of organization. 

1.     Book – The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing – by Marie Kondo

2.     Book – The Home Edit Life – by Clear Shearer and Joanna Teplin

3.     Show – Tidying Up with Marie Kondo – Netflix 

4.     Show – The Home Edit – Netflix

5.     Website/Blogs – Poosh – Poosh.com 

6.     Website/Blogs – Goop – Goop.com

Products to Help Get Started: 

These organizational products can help you get started sorting and organizing your space. 

1. Clear Stacking Containers – these are great for keeping things organized when you still need to be able to see what is in the containers. I like these for toiletries, makeup, snacks, vitamins, and more. 

2. Open Topped Fabric Bins – These are great for larger throw in storage and look attractive in almost any room. I like these for blankets, electronics, and clothes that don’t have space in a dresser or closet. 

3. Shoe and Accessory Organizers – These are often overlooked when organizing but are so crucial in helping tie everything together. Many individuals own so many loose pieces of jewelry, purses, and shoes and they just get thrown about keeping a space from looking put together. By buying an over the door shoe or bag organizer you can minimize the space they take up. Getting a jewelry box, hanger, or using something like a clear stacking container can also help get your accessories in place. 

You can find these products at a range of stores, starting with the Container Store, Target, and Amazon, you should be able to get everything you need. 

I hope this article helps you on your organization journey and brings you some relaxation and peace in your home! 

International Business and Marketing major at the University of Tampa!
Amanda Thompson is a native of Portland, Maine who is currently a Senior studying Communications at The University of Tampa. When she's not binge-watching New Girl, you can find her dancing around to Jhené Aiko, Lana Del Rey or Kehlani. If you want to keep up with Amanda, follow her on Instagram @amaandathompson