This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Name: Gertie Sercus

Year: Junior

Major: Mathematics with two minors in History and Mathematical Programming

Hometown: Bloomfield, NJ

Instagram: @gmsercus

How are you involved on-campus?

I hold an executive position in Pi Beta Phi, I was recently a Rho Gamma for Panhellenic, and I am co-president of Pi Mu Epsilon (the mathematics honors fraternity).

Favorite flavor of Dum-dum lollipop?

PEACH MANGO FOR LIFE.

Favorite quote to live by?

“A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.” – JRR Tolkien

If you had to exist in one TV show, what show would it be?

I feel like I would best fit as one of those recurring special characters on Friends. Kind of like Janice, but better.

On Tuesday nights you can find me….

In my 4-hour night class probably not paying attention.

Do you miss Spar-B-Que?

I never had it…

Dunkin or Starbucks?

Dunkin of course. I LIVE off of those mini hash browns.

If you could only go to one Disney Theme Park, which would it be?

Disney’s Animal Kingdom because I worked there for a few months.

If you have a date come over for dinner- what are you cooking?

Probably mac and cheese or mashed potatoes. That’s about all I can handle without burning something.

You can only wear two colors for the rest of your life- what are they?

Black and grey.

The best decision you’ve made at UT so far?

Joining Pi Beta Phi!

Favorite off-campus place to get food?

Chipotle – one time I had it four times in one week.

Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us
Hi, I'm Chanel. I'm a Sophomore at the University of Tampa with a major in Public Health. I laugh at horror movies, don't understand romantic movies, and cry during documentaries. I am vegetarian, but I will make an exception for pepperoni pizza rolls because the plain cheese are just plan disgusting. I dream of owning a cuddly pet chicken and a tiny home. Hm... I also enjoy torturing myself by spending an hour and half in a 105 degree room to practice Bikram Yoga. That is all.