This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.
  1. Museum and a stroll

Visit the Tampa Museum of Art located in Curtis Hixon Park right across the river from the University of Tampa. You can visit the museum and then take a stroll down the Riverwalk or Plant Park and if you’re feeling extra cute, have a picnic in either park!

1. Guppies and good food

Museums aren’t your thing? That’s fine; how about looking at marine life? Make your way down to the Florida Aquarium to look at some guppies! While you’re there, make sure to pet some stingrays and visit their Corona Cove for some nice cold beers. After that, grab a bite in Sparkman’s Wharf. Sparkman’s Wharf usually has some live music and tons of small places to eat at. My favorite spot is the Mexican restaurant called Jotoro. They have great food and drinks. If you still want to engage in some activities, go bowling at Splitsville!

1. Historic District and Streetcar

When in Tampa, a must-see place is the city’s historic district Ybor City. The best way to make it there is by taking the free TECO streetcar. The streetcar is a fun way to get around the city, especially if you want to make it to places like Amelie Arena, Sparkman’s Wharf, and of course, Ybor City. When in Ybor,  make sure to grab a bite at the Columbia, a hispanic restaurant that has been there since the city was founded. After that, satisfy your dessert craving at Chill Bros Scoop Shop, where you can find an array of flavors ranging from your basic chocolate to more interesting flavors like chronic popcorn. You could stop there, but as a bonus, hit up some clubs like Prana or Tangra (to name a couple.)

These are some of the things you can do in Tampa Bay. Grab some friends or a partner and start exploring!

Alondra is a bright, smiley, cow-loving student majoring in Psychology and minoring in both biology and philosophy. She is also a pharmacy technician and hopes to one day become a doctor. On her day to day she is running from one place to another and being vocal about her activism. Alondra tends to be a busy bee and also a social butterfly. When she's not busy you will find her in a hammock and hanging out with her friends or family. She is also a proud puertorican, a libra , a Halloween fanatic and a mom to a lovely pitbull mix named Bella Rose