sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Five Guys You’ll Meet on Tinder

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

I have used Tinder and various other dating apps for about two years, and I must say, you meet literally every type of guy out there. From the tech savvy hipster to the hunky gym rat, there is a lot to choose from. Throughout my Tinder career, I have met some pretty interesting guys. I started to realize that many of the guys I dated fit into one of the five categories:

1. The “My Friends Made Me Do It” Guy:

I have encountered this guy on many occasions. He is pretty cute until you two start talking. The conversation is friendly and you ask, “So, why are you on Tinder?” His response: “Well, my friends made me get it, but I don’t really take it seriously,” or “I’m just on here when I’m bored.” Both of these answers tell me that this guy is a dud. The conversation probably won’t go anywhere.

2. “The Player”: 

During my novice Tinder days, I have matched with many player types. He knows he is good looking and types out some lame pick-up line that he has probably used with every other girl he matches with. Trying to play it cool, he asks to “hang out.” The two of you text and send snapchats a few times a day. You think he likes you until you see him at the bar with his tongue down some girl’s throat. LOL NEXT!

3. “One Date Dave”:

I have been through A LOT of one date and done situations. Usually, we match and chat a little to get a feel for each other, and we make plans to go on a date. During the date, conversation is polite and easy. The date is not fantastic, but you’re enjoying yourself. He walks you to your car, and the two of you say good-bye. He says “Let’s do this again!” The two of you hug and part ways. Then, silence as he doesn’t really make an effort to communicate with you again. Eh, not that big of a deal. There are other fish in the sea!

4. The “Too Good to Be True” Guy:

Right off the bat, this guy is awesome. He is so cute, and the two of you have almost everything in common. You go on a few really cute dates. He makes you extremely happy in a very short period of time. You say to yourself, “Wow! This guy is almost too good to be true!” You slowly start to notice he is losing interest. This makes you crazy, and you consult all of your friends on advice about what to do. This guy finally goes ghost, and you don’t hear from him again. You’re pretty upset about this because you thought he was perfect. It takes a little while, but eventually you’re back on the hunt. The one is out there!!

5. The “Perfect Match”:

The perfect match is very difficult to find. It takes a thousand left swipes and countless bad dates to find this guy! But when you find him, you just know. He is cute, respectful, funny, and loyal. Of the qualities you look for in a guy, he fits almost all of them. The dates are amazing, and he makes you feel so special. Best of all, he is not afraid to commit. The two of you start dating, and you are the happiest girl in the world!

Almost every girl will encounter these five types of guys at least once while swiping on Tinder. No matter what, always remember to keep your chin up and never stop swiping! The perfect match is out there. You’re all beautiful!!

Professional napper.
Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us