Featured Organization: FOODS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Focusing On Optimal Dietetics for Students (FOODS) is a student run organization at University of Tampa to generate an awareness of the impact of food on overall health. We all know maintaining a healthy lifestyle in college is no easy task. The organization falls under the umbrella of Live Well UT. The Student Coordinator is Marissa Yovotich, a UT graduate student studying Exercise and Nutrition Science. “The goal of FOODS club is to teach and empower UT student to create healthy lifestyle habits, while learning how to use their time and talents to contribute to community efforts,” Marissa says. She also works at Fitlife foods in the South Howard distract. FOODS will be working with FitLife foods this semester to provide students with samples of their nutritious meals as well as provide an informative food shopping experience with professional dieticians. Kristin Collins and Sarah White work with FOODS as interns through LiveWell UT.

The events plans for this semester entail a Nutrition Jeopardy table (Feb.), “Chopped” cooking challenge between friends (March), participation in the Health Fair (March) Easter volunteer service with THORN ministries (March), April Fool’s treats (April), Easter Egg Hunt (April), Cooking class (April), Go Bananas event (April), Study break snack (May) and much more.

Like us on Facebook or request to join the club to get involved! We usually have delicous snacks at meetings.

https://www.facebook.com/FoodsatUT/info

https://www.facebook.com/groups/841762022555674/

For more information contact Marissa.yovotech@spartans.ut.edu or kristin.collins@spartans.ut.edu

Hi guys! My name is Kristin Collins, I am a sophomore at University of Tampa studying Public Health. I am from Princeton, New Jersey. My dream in life is to travel the world, maybe ride an elephant or two considering they are my favorite animal! I am probably the only college kid who loves the fresh start of an early monday morning. My biggest fear is wasabi, and sometimes cilantro. My favorite station on spotify is mood boosters or some indie jams.