Featured Organization: Delta Kappa Alpha

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Here at Her Campus UT, we believe in a close knit unit. Delta Kappa Alpha (ΔΚΑ) is the real deal. This organization is a place for students of all majors to learn about the history of cinema while building a lifetime bond. Delta Kappa Alpha is a co-ed professional cinema fraternity here on campus. It boasts renowned film icons like Alfred Hitchcock, Steven Spielberg, and Lucille Ball just to name a few of its amazing members. Their organization’s philanthropy is a camp for children with disabilities called Serious Fund. This program allows kids with disabilities the opportunity to engage in activities like zip lining and rock climbing.

In the film arena, there can be a hefty amount of competitive spirits. DKA works to dissipate this passion and develop collaboration in film. Students become knowledgeable in producing, directing, sound production, editing, and are able to use this knowledge at retreats and seminars.

Rush Week 2014 Schedule

Sunday 9/7 2:00-4:00pm- BBQ Meet & Greet at Riverside Grill (behind McKay)

Monday 9/8 5:00-6:00pm- Speed Dating: Get to know the members at Grand Salon

Tuesday 9/9 7:00-8:00pm- Laser Tag at Q-Zar Lazer Tag (7807 North Dale Mabry Hwy.) Transportation will be available

Interested in joining?

Email president@utampa.dka.org or rush@utampa.dka.org for an application!

If you have any questions please contact:

President- Alexandria Woodard

Recruitment Chair- Travis Misarti

Photo source: https://www.facebook.com/RushBUDKA2014

Daina is a junior at the University of Tampa pursuing a degree in Journalism. Daina has loved writing from a the time she was a little girl. She is happy to have traded in the cold winters of her native state of Minnesota for the sunny beaches of the Tampa Bay area. When she is not hitting the pavement in search of her next story for class, Her Campus, or UT's newspaper, The Minaret, she has another set of interests. Chances are you will find Daina spending time with her family. Or she will be in the studio performing sun salutations, as she is a newly initiated yoga addict. Like most college students her age, Daina is engaged in the social media world, her favorite platforms are Pinterest and Tumblr. In the future, Daina aspires to be the Editor-In-Chief of a women's health magazine.