This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Tis the season for spooky date nights with that special boo! The city of Tampa is a great place to explore and engage in a wide variety of festive date night activities; however, it can be difficult sorting through the many options and figuring out which ones are worth it. Coming from someone who has gone to many of these spooky events with her boyfriend…trust me, these will certainly make for a unique and romantic fall outing. 

From upscale festivals to pumpkin patches, this article covers it all! Sparkman Wharf located near the aquarium is the spot for those socialite couples who appreciate lively outdoor restaurants and shopping. Right on the water, Sparkman Wharf offers scenic views and a variety of dining options, such as Jotoro (Mexican cuisine) or Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams which has that post-dinner sweet treat to share with your partner. The “Haunted Wharf” is their fun fall event from October 27th to the 28th and during this time they host an assortment of spooky activities, and the wharf even gets decorated like a haunted pirate ship! Similar to Sparkman Wharf, Armature Works located on the Hillsborough River boasts a multitude of hip dining options. This revamped historical spot is the ideal date night spot! They host fall pumpkin painting as well as the Pied Piper Haunted Carnival from the 26th through the 29th. This carnival is a MUST do this fall season!

For those pumpkin-loving couples…Independent Bar and Cafe is hosting its annual pumpkin carving event on October 28th. Wolfe’s Produce Market has a giant pumpkin patch (for those cute fall couples pics of course) and Sweetfields Farm has a pumpkin patch as well as a corn maze and hayrides throughout the fall season. Savor St. Pete Festival has flavor-packed foods and an array of wines and beers to test taste for two days (November 4 and 5). This event is ideal for the adventurous foodie couple! ZooTampa has Creatures of the Night all season long on select dates. Here you can find spooky characters, outdoor experiences, and “creepy culinary treats!”  Last on the list, you and that special someone can embark on a sunset cruise on the river for the Haunted River Tours with Pirate Water Taxi! They tell tales of the ghost stories within the city of Tampa for a spooktacular night on the water! These are just a few of the many fun and festive things you and your partner can enjoy this autumn season!

Ainsley is currently a new member of Her Campus for the Tampa chapter. She enjoys writing about women’s health and fitness, lifestyle tips, personal growth, and relationship advice! Outside of Her Campus, Ainsley is a freshman at the University of Tampa and is an aspiring physician assistant. Her experience in the medical world through an internship at Littleton Adventist Hospital and as a lifeguard gives her the background knowledge for health and fitness tips. Originally from Colorado, Ainsley loves anything outdoors and enjoys adventuring with her friends. You can find Ainsley getting active on campus as well as taking time to relax and appreciate the simple moments of life. She loves anything to do with self improvement and is always researching to gain more knowledge about personal growth along with health and wellness.