This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Every now and then a new makeup palette comes out that we all dream of having, but the price just doesn’t agree! $40-$65 for a high-quality makeup palette is not much to most people, but when you’re on a college budget or just entering the workforce, it can be a little hard to spend that much on makeup.

So I’ve put together some of the best dupes I’ve personally tried, of popular makeup palettes:

Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Dupe vs. Athena, by Bad Habit. The palettes are basically one. I have personally used it and didn’t notice ANY differences. The pigment is just as good as the original palette. However, with the glitters in the Athena palette, I would recommend wetting your makeup brush slightly to help pack it on, depending on how you like your glittery colors to look. Another thing I noticed too, is that using your finger for glitters works out perfectly.

Price comparison:

· Huda Beauty Desert Dusk $65

· Athena by Bad Habit $12

Next, another Huda Beauty palette, the Rose Gold palette. The dupe for this palette is called Aphrodite, again by Bad Habit. This dupe retails for $12 as well, while the original palette costs $65 like the previous one. My opinions about this one are exactly the same as the old! It’s perfect, no allergic reactions or funky smells and the glitter shadows work just as good as the originals!

Both of these dupes can be purchased on Hush, which is where I got them from! They came in fairly quickly (3-5 business days) and were in perfect condition!

My last dupe to share with you guy’s is for the Jaclyn Hill palette by Morphe. The original palette retails for $38 and the dupe retails for $20, however right now, it is going for 50% off at $10! The dupe is by BH Cosmetics and is called Take Me Back to Brazil: Rio Edition. It is currently available on their website. With this palette, not all the colors are the same but I didn’t notice any significant differences in pigment and quality! It is a pretty close match but the only significant difference is that they’re predominantly shimmers while the Jaclyn Hill Palette includes some matte colors.

Overall, they’re all great palettes with a variety of colors for all skin tones and types! I chose these three because whether you’re just starting to do your makeup or have been doing it for years, these three palettes have the right amount of shades, that we all need in our makeup collection.

Emely is a rising junior at The University of Tampa. She studies advertising and PR with a focusing on digital marketing. When she isn't bumping to J Cole, Drake or Aventura she's reading up on anything astrological, or editing photos for her food IG. As a New York City native, she loves exploring the cities micro-neighborhoods for their cuisine, music, and fashion. If you want to know more about Emely, follow her on Instagram - @aemiliatertia - or Twitter - @ThatEmely