This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Essential oils have literally become one of my favorite things when I put them into an oil diffuser. I have always lived by what each can be used for, and it has actually helped me dramatically with things such as sleep, energy, mood boosts, relaxing, and even my migraines. Here are some essential oils I recommend for this season… of life and of fall! 

Cinnamon: Stimulates circulation, reduces stress, relieves pain, and fights off infections

Robbers/Thieves: Boosting the immune system, promoting respiratory health, and fighting microbes

Lemon (or any type of citrus; sweet orange is one of my favorites!) : reduces anxiety & depression symptoms, helps with breathing, energy and mood boost (BRAIN POWER)!

Lavender: Relieves headaches, anxiety, and insomnia. Lavender calms me after a long day and even aids in helping me get a better night’s sleep. 

Frankincense: Enhances mood, alleviates stress & anxiety. This one also helps me to sleep! Combined with lavender… it is the BEST!

Geranium: Promotes emotional stability, enhances mood, and reduces inflammation

Rosemary: Improves brain function, eases stress, enhances circulation, helps sore muscles, and may perk you up!

Of course, these are only some of the many essential oils available! I love mixing two together to get various scents and many benefits. This semester has been a roller coaster so far (for everyone) and finding little ways that make your life a little easier each day truly helps! I hope you try some of these essential oils and create some unique blends of your own! Diffusers are also really easy to find on Amazon- there’s plenty to choose from! 

Let me know if and how you guys used these oils! I’d love to hear your feedback and other recommendations!   

Hi! My name is Jeanne-Marie Branche. I am 21 years old and a double major in communication and dance at the University of Tampa. I was born in Trinidad & Tobago and have lived in Florida for most of my life. I love writing and sharing my experiences, ideas, advice with others. I cannot wait to reach out and connect with everyone!! Check out my dance blog on IG @dancersofthelight!
Amanda Thompson is a native of Portland, Maine who is currently a Senior studying Communications at The University of Tampa. When she's not binge-watching New Girl, you can find her dancing around to Jhené Aiko, Lana Del Rey or Kehlani. If you want to keep up with Amanda, follow her on Instagram @amaandathompson