This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Being 21 is the most convenient thing to ever happen to me. It’s the perfect excuse to avoid hanging out with people: “sorry I’m 21 now, have to start acting like an adult, can’t go out” as I’m sitting on my couch with a fat glass of wine avoiding humanity.

Perhaps the best part of being 21 is being able to drink my way through all family functions. Thanksgiving is coming up and while I usually just hide under the table to avoid any questions, I’ve come up with some more fun ways to deal with those invasive family members.

1) When someone asks what you’re doing after college

Just slowly start an IV filled with wine and hook it up to your arm. 

2) When someone asks if you’re dating anyone

Put a lampshade over your head with a breathing tube and a drinking tube. 

3) When someone comments on your weight

Inform them you have a six-pack and then pull it out of the fridge and crack one open. 

4) When someone asks how school is going

Take a shot for every point your GPA has gone down. 

5) For every other question

Just drink from the bottle and avoid eye contact.

Drink responsibly and good luck with your family this Thanksgiving!

Sam is Campus Correspondent for the University of Tampa! She is a communications major with a concentration in media studies and a minor in new media production. For someone who is barely five feet tall, Sam has big aspirations. She hopes to become the next Rachel Hollis or Miranda Priestly. If all else fails however, she’ll have an exciting future as Mrs. Justin Bieber! Sam talks non stop about her sorority, Pi Beta Phi and can easily be spotted on campus wearing her letters. She is an avid brunch goer and disney enthusiast. Buy her some cheesecake and you're guaranteed friends.
Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us