This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Over a century ago, one of the greatest forms of entertainment was invented: cinema and its theater. It was a significant change in the entertainment world. The cinema brought people together and created an abundance of job opportunities. Cinema was art and still is to this day. Movies do much more than entertain; they teach, create emotions, and spark ideas. The best way to get the whole cinema experience is to enjoy it at the movie theaters. 

Have you noticed every year you go to the movies, it gets less and less full? It is a dying business due to all of the new platforms that provide access to these movies with a subscription or a purchase. We cannot let the modernizing entertainment world destroy the original ways to watch cinema. Help save the movie theaters!

To get a film’s total experience, effect, and emotions, you have to be in a theater. They have big screens, a dark ambiance, fantastic sound, comfortable chairs, and yummy snacks to enjoy during the movie. Even though every food item at the theaters is expensive, you have to buy yourself a bag of popcorn and maybe an Icee. You should probably sneak in some candy to save some money, but you didn’t hear that from me! Some movie theater companies like AMC and Regal have deals if you become a member. You can get food and tickets for cheaper prices. The experience makes watching movies ten times better. Wouldn’t you rather experience all that instead of watching something on your tiny laptop screen in bed? 

Since covid-19 held up the production process of a bunch of films, they all are finally coming out. 2022 had a lot of successful films, and there are more upcoming movies to be excited for. So, grab a friend and a ticket, and enjoy! 

Here are some new films to check out:

2022 New Films:

• Top Gun: “Maverick”
  • Bullet Train
  • Everything Everywhere All at Once
  • Thor: “Love and Thunder”
  • Elvis
  • Minions: “The Rise of Gru”
  • Barbarian
  • Avatar
  • Halloween Kills
  • & more!

There is a lot to love about movie theaters. It is great to go to them with family, friends, or even a partner! Start a monthly tradition, promote new movies, ask about doing fundraisers, and do anything that can save something so important in history. Saving the movie theaters will keep unforgettable memories and help to continue making them.

Alexis Duffy is the President and Senior Editor at the Her Campus at Tampa chapter. She writes and edits articles as well as managing the chapter at Tampa. Her articles cover entertainment and lifestyle topics focusing on films and traveling. Outside of Her Campus, Alexis is a senior at the University of Tampa, double majoring in Communication, Media & Culture, and Advertising & Public Relations. She is currently an part time employee at the Tampa Bay Arts & Education Network, where she works on media projects and shadows in the tv studios helping with production. Alexis enjoys art, adventures, film, and traveling during her downtime. She often finds herself going down a rabbit hole when watching videos about the production of a movie, interviews, and fun facts about cinema. Alexis always seems to have her phases, whether it’s a Harry Potter marathon or watching The Dark Knight Trilogy.