This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Mostly, everyone, in many forms, has heard of the term “Sunday reset.” This new onset trend encourages people to have a reset day every Sunday and take the time to clean and prepare in any way they need to before the upcoming week. I know I for sure love a good ‘ol Sunday reset. In addition with a reset day, I want to talk about another sort of reset that I have recently been incorporating into my routine that I am thoroughly enjoying! 

My new favorite chore is decluttering and reorganizing! If you’re anything like me and instantly feel better after a good deep clean alongside the smell of bleach, then you, too, may want to look into decluttering. At first, it can be overwhelming as you tackle the thoughts of, “Where do I even begin?” or “What am I going to do with all this stuff?” When initially facing these thoughts, I first decided what my main goal was, and then I could work around that.

I wanted my space to be clean and organized, and I didn’t want to hold onto random items or feel burdened by useless junk. I would recommend that you first take everything out of the space grab a trash bag and throw away everything that needs to be put in the garbage. Next, make a donation pile. Sort through your items and decide things that someone else will love more! Whether it be an old sweater or an accessory that you’ve grown out of. 

Once you’ve gotten these main things out of the way, you can begin the fun part…reorganizing! You have the power to decorate your space in a different way. Try placing your furniture in new positions, or just switch it all up if you’re feeling it! 

This process takes a good chunk of time so I would not recommend it to be a weekly endeavor, however it is suitable for that bi-weekly or monthly cleaning mood we all find ourselves in. I find that when I change my space or get rid of clutter, my mind calms down, and I feel much happier. You’ve got to love the space you’re in, and a decluttering/organization day can help you cross the line between feelings of chaos and peace! 

Ainsley is currently a new member of Her Campus for the Tampa chapter. She enjoys writing about women’s health and fitness, lifestyle tips, personal growth, and relationship advice! Outside of Her Campus, Ainsley is a freshman at the University of Tampa and is an aspiring physician assistant. Her experience in the medical world through an internship at Littleton Adventist Hospital and as a lifeguard gives her the background knowledge for health and fitness tips. Originally from Colorado, Ainsley loves anything outdoors and enjoys adventuring with her friends. You can find Ainsley getting active on campus as well as taking time to relax and appreciate the simple moments of life. She loves anything to do with self improvement and is always researching to gain more knowledge about personal growth along with health and wellness.