Chili: More Soup than Substance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Earlier this week, my co-campus corresspondent published an article about her opinions on chili existing as a nonsoup food. I’m here to present the rebuttle. Chili is a soup, and furthermore LET ME STATE that soup can be a meal.

1. Chili is found in the soup section of a menu. More specifically, generally found in the “Soup and Salad” section, lovingly at the front of a menu.And it is even in the imfamous restaurant Chili’s soup section
  2. Chili, like ALL OTHER SOUPS, can be a pleasant, stand-alone meal.
  3. Chili, like all other soup, also can accompany other foods, like breads, salads, or can simply exist as a starter for a meal.
  4. She states that you can’t eat soup on things, but go out to your local TGI Fridays and put some of that BrocCheddar soup with some fries and report back.

Have you figured out your stance yet? Tweet us at @HerCampusUT and sound off.

Caity Berk, Former Campus Correspondents, is a current Senior at the University of Tampa, studying Marine Science & Biology with a minor in Environmental Sciences. She loves onion rings, dark chocolate, and empowering women. When she finally decides to grow up, Caity wants to work with people and help them understand the importance of the natural resources that surround us