This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

With every new chapter in life comes trials and tribulations, but we have to find a way to push through them because in this life we really have to carry our own weight or you’re going to be left behind. At this age, we are all facing so many different changes in our lives, and not small ones either. We are moving away from home, ending relationships and creating new ones, changing the way we carry ourselves and go about our everyday lives, and that’s not even the start of it. Sometimes it’s necessary to just take a step back and breathe. All of these changes feel so intense because they are so intense. The bottom line is: everything is easy when it’s comfortable, and it’s normal to feel like your world is flipping upside down during times like this. 

My name is Alexis Smith and I am a First-Year Student at the University of Tampa majoring in Sports Management!
Amanda Thompson is a native of Portland, Maine who is currently a Senior studying Communications at The University of Tampa. When she's not binge-watching New Girl, you can find her dancing around to Jhené Aiko, Lana Del Rey or Kehlani. If you want to keep up with Amanda, follow her on Instagram @amaandathompson