Campus Cutie: Troy Estrellado

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Name: Troy Estrellado

Age: 19

Classification: Sophomore

Major: Marine Science Biology, Spanish Minor

Hometown: Bristol, CT

Instagram: @ur_des_TROY_ed

Why UT? I visited this school my Freshman year of high school while my older brother was starting his college visits. I instantly fell in love the campus, location, and when I decided to study Marine Science, I knew I had to come here.

Favorite professor at UT: Shannon Calega is by far the coolest person ever and on top of that, she is an amazing teacher, mentor, leader and friend.

What are you involved in on campus? I am a UT Diplomat, President’s Leadership Fellows member, Environmental Protection Coalition member, RA in the Palm Apartments, a campus tour guide and a Peer Mentor with Best Buddies program.

Favorite part of Tampa: I love to explore Davis Island and love all the amazing places to eat food.

The most important lesson you’ve learned while at UT: Don’t isolate yourself! There are so many amazing opportunities right on campus.

Most embarrassing moment of freshman year: I honestly can’t think of a specific situation, but it’s probably because I was so embarrassing all the time that I blocked the whole year from my memory.

Advice to freshmen: Get involved and meet as many people as you can. You never know when you’ll meet life long friends. I’ve met so many here and they’ve changed my college experience for the better.

Go-to karaoke song: PASS. (I’m pretty sure I’m tone deaf)

If you were trapped on an island, which three people would you want with you? 1) Obviously my Grandmother – she gives a killer back scratch. 2) Kesha because she’s perfect and we would rock out together. 3) Tom Hanks so that he can make me a Wilson for when I’m sick of everyone else.

Three words your friends would use to describe you: That. Crazy. Mom.

Describe your ideal date: Anything that involves consuming Taco Bell. I’m an expensive date.

Top three items on your bucket list: 1) Obviously skydive because I’m basic and okay with it. 2) Become fluent in another language. 3) Travel to every continent besides Antarctica. Florida “winter” is cold enough for me.

What is your biggest fear? Spiders. Enough said.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Honesty is the best quality right? I have no idea. If you have ideas for me please contact me ASAP.

Brianna is a sophomore at the University of Tampa, studying journalism. She is the current Vice President of HerCampusUT. When she is not writing, or reading, she enjoys soaking up the Florida sun, and rubbing it in the faces of her friends who live up north via Snapchat. You can often find Brianna biking on Bayshore, at a country concert, or in front of the TV bawling over the Bachelor.