Campus Cutie: Kristian Givens

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Name: Kristian Givens

Year: Freshman

Major: Secondary Education- Social Studies

Hometown: Mountain Top, PA

Why did you choose UT? The weather, the girls, the beach, I love Florida in general.

What’s your favorite thing about Tampa? The nightlife

What is the strangest thing about Tampa? It was a culture shock at first moving into the city, but there is nothing strange about it to me now.

What is your dream job? School District Superintendent

What are your hobbies? Playing and watching football, working out, chilling with friends

What is a quote you live by? “Nothing is impossible, the word it self says I’m possible.” -Anonymous

Are you single? Yes

What is your biggest turn off? Definitely girls who try so hard to be divas.

What is your go-to karaoke song? I like to attempt any kind of rap song.

What was your most embarrassing moment in college? Probably whenever people see me try to play volleyball, I suck so bad

Miley Cyrus or Ariana Grande? Ariana Grande, why is this even a question?

What have you learned as a result of taking part in the leadership exchange this year? It opened my eyes up to the poverty issue that is actually happening today in the Memphis and Tampa metro areas. I learned that I am blessed by who I am and what I have today and it makes me want to help out and give back to the community that I love.

Where do you see yourself in five years? I hope to be teaching in a classroom in the Tampa Bay area or better yet, have won the lottery. 

Brianna is a sophomore at the University of Tampa, studying journalism. She is the current Vice President of HerCampusUT. When she is not writing, or reading, she enjoys soaking up the Florida sun, and rubbing it in the faces of her friends who live up north via Snapchat. You can often find Brianna biking on Bayshore, at a country concert, or in front of the TV bawling over the Bachelor.