This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Name: Jan Schabort

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Parys, South Africa

Major: Biochemistry

How are you involved on campus?

I am the Vice President, as well as a player, for the Club Soccer team. Also, I am involved with Intervarsity, the Gaming Club and ASBMB (American Society for Biochemistry and Marine Biology).

What is your favorite thing about UT?

The people. The fact that you can walk across campus and bump into people from at least five different continents.

Who is your celebrity crush?

Emma Watson, without a doubt.

What is your relationship status?

As single as single can be. Nah, I have a girlfriend; she is pretty great and I am not just saying that because she is giving me the interview.

One thing you cannot live without?

Coffee – shout out to Jazzman’s Cafe.

What is your favorite place to eat in Tampa?

Can I say Buddy Brew just because I like their coffee?

What’s your passion?

Futbol. The European one, not the weird sport you have here.

Do you have any fun facts about yourself?

I am from South Africa [seriously] and I once fell through a roof in Brazil.

Where is somewhere you would want to go before you die?

I want to see everything, but if I had to pick, I would probably just spin a globe and see where my finger lands.

What quote do you live by?

“When God throws you a curveball, don’t duck – you might just miss something.”

Vic is a sophomore Writing Major and Professional and Technical Writing Minor at University of Tampa.
Hi, I'm Chanel. I'm a Sophomore at the University of Tampa with a major in Public Health. I laugh at horror movies, don't understand romantic movies, and cry during documentaries. I am vegetarian, but I will make an exception for pepperoni pizza rolls because the plain cheese are just plan disgusting. I dream of owning a cuddly pet chicken and a tiny home. Hm... I also enjoy torturing myself by spending an hour and half in a 105 degree room to practice Bikram Yoga. That is all.