Campus Cutie: Evan Spera

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Name: Evan Joseph Spera 

Age & Year in School: 21, Senior

Major: Exercise Science 

Hometown: Waterford, CT 

Relationship Status: Single 

Favorite Movie: Dear John 

What do you look for in a girl? Independence & how she treats her friends and family.

What is your biggest turn-off? People who act fake.

Do you have a job? I’m a valet parker and I bar-back.

What would be a perfect date? Taking my girl on my boat back home, going to dinner afterwards, and then going down to the lake again at night.

What is your dream job? State police in Connecticut.

What is your favorite type of music? Country 

If you could travel to anyplace in the world where would it be and why? Home & then to Australia because it’s remote.

What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you? As a punishment when I was younger, my babysitter would have me dress up in a tutu and walk around the yard.

How are you involved around campus? I attend all of the Relay for Life events and I like to volunteer. 

What is your favorite food? Hot lobster rolls

What is your favorite memory of UT? Spring breaks in Panama City.

Do you have any fun facts about you? I’ve gone skydiving, I race dirt bikes, I can ride a horse, I volunteer firefight, I am a certified personal trainer, I won state in wrestling my junior year of high school, and I’m a handy man. My real name is Joseph, and I’ve traveled all of the western Caribbean and Central America to zip line and surf. 

Do you have a guilty pleasure that nobody knows about? Romantic movies. 

Where would you like to be in ten years? Back in my hometown with a child in my life.

Shane Autumn Nebbia is a junior at The University of Tampa, where she is pursuing a degree in Communication, a minor in Spanish, and a certificate in International Studies. Originally from a small town in New Jersey, Shane hopes to one day live somewhere where she can walk out to her backyard and be greeted with the ocean and a bunch of sea turtles and dolphins. Shane can be seen working in the Admissions office at UT, and collecting extra meals for the homeless on the weekends. When she's not in class, Shane can be found sitting in Plant Park, either with a good book or with a friend. Shane lives for her family, adventure, traveling, and her unhealthy addiction to chocolate chip cookies. Although Shane does not know where the wind will blow her, she hopes that one day she will be able to start an organization that gives back to both animals and people.