Campus Cutie: Brett McQuaide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Meet this week’s awesome Campus Cutie: Brett McQuaide!

Name: Brett McQuaide

Year: 2016, Junior

Hometown: Andover, Massachusetts

Major: Business Entrepreneurship

Age: 20

Instagram: brettmcquaide

Single or Taken? Single

Favorite part About UT: The UT Entrepreneurship Club because surrounding yourself with likeminded individuals is in my belief one of the best things you can accomplish!

How are you involved on campus? I am Involved in The UT Entrepreneurship Club and President of “The Spartan Society” (a secret society on campus).

Who is your role model and why? Steve Irwin- because he demonstrated a balanced man, who followed his passion and was extremely successful while also being heavily involved with his family life.

What is one thing you can’t live without? Can’t live without motivational quotes.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I see myself living in California with my wife and at least two kids. I would either be running my own business or working as a Venture Capitalist.

Describe your ideal girl/guy: My ideal girl is smart in the way that she challenges me to grow, patient and flexible because plans are meant to change, balanced as she works hard but knows how to have fun as well, approachable so that I can have a lasting conversation with her, and most of all dependable because I need someone I can count on.

Biggest turnoff: When someone can’t communicate and text me back in a reasonable amount of time.

What do you do to relax? I love going fishing; being outdoors with fresh-air while casting around seems to take my mind off the stresses of everyday life or just taking naps in between classes.

What’s your favorite pick up line? “You don’t know how many times I had to swipe left to find you!”

Biggest Pet Peeve? Biggest pet peeve is when someone is texting at the dinner table. I like having a good conversation and technology seems to really get in the way.

What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Walked to Ybor City at night. Well that and asking for extra chicken at Salsa Rico.

What do you miss about home while you’re at school? I miss my mom’s home cooked meals especially breakfast. I also miss my Koi pond that’s in my backyard.

What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given? Some of the advice that hit home the most was “If you can change it, don’t worry. If you can’t change it, don’t worry.”

Kayla Brown is a Senior at UT. Majoring in criminology, she one day hopes to do something badass af. While Kayla is not writing for Her Campus or studying for class, you can find her hanging with her sorority sisters, watching This is Us, or eating Kraft mac and cheese.