Campus Celebrity: Pranav Lokin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

If you needed a perfect candidate for most involved at UT, here you have it folks, Pranav Lokin. Our fellow UT collegiate is reaching for the stars and going and above normal expectations.

1. Major/Minor: Global World Affairs & Journalism double major. Campus Involvement: Zeta Beta Tau, Student Government Senior Senator, Phi Alpha Delta law fraternity, former Minaret News Writer, former IFC rep, Spartans Abroad Ambassador, Respondez! 

2. I heard that you are the founding father of your fraternity’s chapter here at UT, what made you want to start a chapter here? Well, I wanted to leave a lasting impression and legacy on campus. My fellow founding fathers and I wanted to start a chapter that followed our own ideas of how a fraternity should be organized on campus. 

3. I see that you just won a seat as the senior senate, what do you plan on doing to make our campus better? I plan on taking into account what my class would want to see advocated on campus. Some of my current efforts are retooling the campus senate suggestion page with my fellow senators, and advocating for appropriations that I think will be what the student body wants. We all pay for student government and I think that everyone should benefit from our actions!

4. Unfortunately I saw that you did not win homecoming king this year but explain to me why it was important for you to run? I wanted to run for my fraternity, and to help promote the great things on campus that students can take advantage of. I’ve been fortunate to have been made aware of amazing opportunities like founding ZBT, the Washington Center, and now the Oxford Study Abroad Program. And having taken advantage of these amazing opportunities, I wanted to bring awareness to other students so that they can make the most of their UT experience as well.

5. Rumor also has it that you worked for Facebook over the summer, tell me about your experience. Haha, well that’s sort of an accurate rumor. I worked for a company that worked alongside Facebook to coordinate international campaigns. The company was called ElectionMall technologies, and one of the coolest parts of the internship was being able to visit Facebook’s DC Office/Headquarters and discuss how to best aid our campaigns. Perhaps the most interesting campaign I worked was that of South Sudans Embassy. They needed someone to help broaden their online image, information, and website. I made videos and wrote their content. I wouldn’t trade the connections and experience I got over the summer in DC for anything. 

6. It looks like your super busy being involved on campus, what do you like to do in your spare time? In my spare time, when I can swing it, it’s usually working on my independent study, hanging out with brothers, playing with my dog, or sleeping. I just moved into a new apartment so I’ve been experimenting with cooking. So I always have friends over.