Campus Celebrity: Haley Haren

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

She might be your RA or your new yoga teacher, Haley Haren is a sophomore at UT with a major in graphic design from Chattanooga, Tennessee. Haley is an RA, a member of the Presidents Leadership Fellows and a new yoga instructor at McNiff.  She will be teaching her first yoga class this Sunday at 8:30pm and Monday at 8am.  Haley’s favorite part of UT is the fact that it has so many great outdoor places to spend time listening to music, meditating, or hanging out with friends.  

When Haley isn’t busy taking care of her crazy fun residents or teaching a yoga class you can find her painting, taking photos, or eating at all the amazing restuarants Tampa has to offer. After a busy week Haley unwinds by taking a nap under a palm tree or going on a relaxing swim.  

Haley’s dream career is to shoot for Vogue.  Her concentration is photography and her dream is to be travel or fashion blogger.  Currently Haley runs her own site, haleymakesart.com, and she would love to take a blog to an international scale.  Haley has big goals and she lives by the her favorite quote which is “travel light, spread the light, be the light.”  Her role model in life is her Dad because he is sensible, yet crazy fun and his energy is amazing.  Also her dad is so wise and has always treated her like an adult allowing her to grow in to the person she is today.  

Make sure to take one of Haley’s yoga classes and check out her amazing blog (haleymakesart.com) because her energy is so beautiful and being around her will make you 10x happier. 

Hi, I'm Chanel. I'm a Sophomore at the University of Tampa with a major in Public Health. I laugh at horror movies, don't understand romantic movies, and cry during documentaries. I am vegetarian, but I will make an exception for pepperoni pizza rolls because the plain cheese are just plan disgusting. I dream of owning a cuddly pet chicken and a tiny home. Hm... I also enjoy torturing myself by spending an hour and half in a 105 degree room to practice Bikram Yoga. That is all.