Campus Celebrity: Dana Fortune

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is, in my opinion, the most charismatic, funny, kind, and stylish person on the University of Tampa’s campus–Dana Fortune. Dana is our Campus Celebrity this week not only because of all the involvement she does on UT’s campus, but because of the dedication she puts into each and every one of them. From being one of four captains of UT’s club field hockey team, to being an athlete correspondent for the Athletic Marketing team, Dana is an asset to any team she joins.

Dana started playing field hockey in high school, where she eventually became captain, and won best defensive player. She was even invited to play in Europe! Dana continues to show her leadership and athletic abilities at UT by leading her team and being one of the team’s lead scorers.

When she is not on the field, Dana is on campus passing out flyers for athletic games, announcing at softball games, or passing out free goodies at all of our home games. Dana shows her charismatic talents by being our athletic correspondent. She even has a couple interviews on YouTube (we know, she might as well be famous). And did I mention she hosted our school’s Midnight Madness? That’s right boys, she was the girl in the center of the court that you couldn’t take your eyes off of. She made sure the crowd was having a great time throughout the night and kept the madness alive!

Make sure you checkout her videos on YouTube if you’re interested in what some of our student athletes have to say about their teams (the videos can be found on tampaspartans.com).

And remember, if you’re looking for her on campus, she is the tall girl who is always dressed up and looks like she came out of a magazine, so make sure you say hi! (;