WomensHistoryMonth HubHero FullWidth R2?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
WomensHistoryMonth HubHero FullWidth R2?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Born in Women’s History Month: Embracing Power and Strength

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Every March, the globe observes Women’s History Month, a time to recognize the accomplishments of those who have opened the way for future generations and to consider the advancements made by women throughout history. Women’s History Month was established in order to honor the strength, tenacity, and power of women everywhere.

I was born on March 12, 2004, in this blessed month, without realizing the significance of my birthdate. But when I got older, I realized the significance of Women’s History Month and what it meant to be born in a period of time that celebrated the bravery and tenacity of women.

There were difficulties along the way when I came onto this planet. Along the journey, I had numerous challenges and disappointments, including a birth accident that left me physically limited. I resisted allowing this misfortune to define who I am or how my life will unfold in spite of it. I conquered my obstacles with perseverance and endurance, accepting my inner strength and power.

My choice to follow my desire to attend the University of Tampa, a prominent private university, was one of the turning points in my path. I was surrounded by doubts and uncertainties, yet I was constant in my determination to accomplish my goals. I achieved a major turning point in my life when I was accepted to the university through dedication and work ethic.

More than simply a step toward academic achievement, attending the University of Tampa was evidence of my resilience and will to overcome obstacles. Knowing that I had conquered challenges to get where I was gave me a sense of empowerment as I strolled through the university’s buildings. It served as a reminder that if you have the fortitude and bravery to keep going, no obstacle is impossible.

I started my own business and ventured into entrepreneurship in addition to pursuing my schooling. Despite the risks and unknowns associated with being an entrepreneur, I seized the chance to forge my own course and do something worthwhile. I was able to realize my idea through endurance, hard effort, and innovation, demonstrating that everything is achievable with patience and passion.

I am reminded of the strength and power that are within each of us when I think back on this journey. It’s a power that lets us go past challenges, surpass expectations, and realize our goals. We can all influence the world, whether it’s by pushing for change, creating a business, or shattering down boundaries in academics. Let’s honor the women who have gone before us and the countless others who inspire us every day as we commemorate Women’s History Month. Let’s honor the ability to endure and triumph over women everywhere and acknowledge how crucial it is to encourage and support one another. By working together, we can build a future in which all women are given the chance to prosper.

Jaide Edwards is a writer at the Her Campus at Tampa chapter. She writes about her experiences, women empowerment, entertainment, and encouraging others. Beyond Her Campus, Jaide is a undergraduate student at The University of Tampa, aiming to get her B.A degree in journalism. Making her way to her path she works very hard with her writing assignments, her poetry book, businesses and continues to build her portfolio for her dream career. In her free time, Jaide enjoys writing poems, digital graphic design, going out, and networking. She recently started her own business being a social media manager while doing digital graphic design services for others. She also wrote her own E-Book that'll be published soon. So, Jaide is a perfect example of beauty and brains.