This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Birthdays are markers of major milestones. One birthday, you can legally drive a car, another you can legally vote! Every birthday is another year lived! But the monotony of a year in relative isolation can dampen the celebratory spirits that should come along with birthdays. 

I recently had a birthday and found it difficult to enjoy considering the world in which I would be celebrating (I wrote about my feelings on pandemic life here). One thing that always cheers me up is some retail therapy. I am subscribed to many email lists from many brands, from food to clothing, and want to share with you my favorite birthday deals I received. Let’s get started!

Ulta Beauty

As an avid skincare lover, Ulta is my go-to spot for all things beauty. Ulta stocks some of my favorite brands, including Peach & Lily, Colourpop, and Beauty Bakerie. If you’re enrolled in the Ultamate Rewards program, you can accumulate benefits throughout the year while shopping. During your birthday month, an Ultamate Rewards member can earn double points on all purchases and receive a free gift!

Sephora

Sephora is another good spot for beauty finds. Though I personally prefer Ulta’s rewards system, there are some brands that I can only find at Sephora, including Innisfree and Milk Makeup. Because of this, I am also a member of Sephora’s Beauty Insider rewards program. During your birthday month, a Beauty Insider can pick from 3 different free birthday gift sets. Last year, I chose a Milk Makeup mini set, while this year I chose a Laneige hydration mini set.

Jeremiah’s Italian Ice

There are multiple Jeremiah’s “sweet spots” located around the Tampa Bay Area where you can get an Italian ice, soft serve ice cream, or a gelati (a combination of both). Jeremiah’s quickly became a staple of my summers after my first visit. By downloading their app and signing up for the J-list, not only will Jeremiah’s give you coupons and deals throughout the year, they’ll also offer you a free small menu item for your birthday! Yes! FREE! 

Nothing Bundt Cakes

Nothing Bundt Cakes is a bakery specializing in—you guessed it—Bundt cakes! There are a few locations in the Tampa Bay Area where you can stop in and buy a variety of flavors, from the classic vanilla or lemon to more modern confetti and gluten-free chocolate chip. For your birthday, Nothing Bundt Cakes gives an irresistible offer: a free Bundtlet (one of their mini Bundt cakes) of any flavor!

My Shade & Texture

My Shade & Texture is a Black-owned beauty supply store in Tampa. They stock some of my favorite natural haircare brands, including Curls, Nefertiti’s Secrets, and Alikay Naturals. They also feature a unique beauty bar where you can custom blend your own body oils and scrubs, as well as stocking a variety of braiding hair for you to choose from. Signing up with My Shade & Texture will give you a great $5 coupon to celebrate your birthday! You can shop their online selection, but when it’s safe to go out, I would highly recommend visiting the store in person.

Happy birthday, March babies! For everyone looking for a birthday deal, I hope you check these out!

Brianna Lovett is currently pursuing an International Studies major with a History minor at the University of Tampa. Born and raised in the Tampa Bay area, she dreams of travelling the world to explore historical sites and enjoy local fruits and vegetables.
Amanda Thompson is a native of Portland, Maine who is currently a Senior studying Communications at The University of Tampa. When she's not binge-watching New Girl, you can find her dancing around to Jhené Aiko, Lana Del Rey or Kehlani. If you want to keep up with Amanda, follow her on Instagram @amaandathompson