This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

I live for sunsets! Seeing the bright, beautiful colors painting the sky doesn’t compare to anything else. Florida is a beautiful state that has many wonderful locations to see both sunrises and sunsets. However, my favorite place to watch the sunset is at Davis Island Beach in Tampa.  

Davis Island Beach is located at the tip of Davis Island. This is a great place to watch the sunset with friends, your significant other, or your dog. This beach includes a white sandy beach that looks out to the bay, a dog park, a mini air base, grass fields, and a yacht club. Many people gather here to do a variety of activities. Some of my favorite things to do are have a picnic with friends, paint, take a yoga class, play with the local dogs at the park, and of course, take in the amazing views. If you are going during sunset, I recommend bringing a charged phone or camera as the lighting for photoshoots here is like no other. During holidays like Memorial Day, the 4th of July, or Labor day the energy on the beach is electric. Many families and friends gather to grill, set off fireworks, jam out to music, and go for a swim. After a long day, this beach is a perfect way to lay back and relax.  No matter what you like to do or who you like to be with Davis Island Beach is the perfect spot to meet everyone’s needs for the perfect sunset experience.

Madison Loscalzo is Vice President and Head of Social Media for Her Campus at The University of Tampa. She plans and designs social media posts for the Instagram and TikTok. Madison also communicates and assists with organizing events and meetings. Madison is an advertising and public relations creative major with a minor in film and media. Madison does freelance photography and videography. While also being a content creator for Academic Studies Abroad and University of Tampa Communication Department. Madison enjoys writing articles about travel, lifestyle, and holiday activities. In her free time she does pilates, spends time outdoors, and volunteers as a foster mom for puppies.