Behind the Scenes of Her Campus: Kristin Collins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Name: Kristin Collins 

Age: 20

Major: Public Health-Wellness with a concentration in Sociology

Where are you from? Lawrenceville, New Jersey

What is your favorite animal? Elephants or Flamingos

What is your favorite show? The Office. I just became obsessed 10 years late…

What is your biggest fear? Cilantro or wasabi! They haunt my taste buds.

What is your biggest regret this year at UT? Discovering The Outpost has Tik Tok Tuesdays.

What is your biggest hope for the future? Travel the world working for the World Health Organization with Public Health and living in Washington. D.C. Maybe married to Dylan O’Brien if I can, yanno.

Are you involved in anything else on campus other than Her Campus? You can see me riding around getting it working Laser Team. I’m an intern for FOODs; the nutrition organization under Live Well UT. I am a Gateways mentor for the little fresh meat. I’ve worked with PEACE for some service trips, and I am a board member of the Public Health Association. I am also a new member of Delta Gamma! 

What can you not live without? Avocados or my phone charger. My phone is dead 99.5% of the time.

If someone came to your house for dinner, what would you cook for them? Vodka Rigatoni in a heart beat.

What is your favorite vacation spot? Anywhere near a beach.

What is your favorite throwback song? Wannabe by Spice Girls. Every girl has their secret dance they made to it when they were 10.

Who is your celebrity crush? Dylan O’Brien, before the whole world started crushing on him too.

What do you do in your free time? Anything out in the sun makes me happy, or make to-do lists cause I’m obsessive about organization.

What is your biggest pet peeve? Loud eaters!

What do you miss most about home? My mom’s homemade Vodka Rigatoni or my chunky Beagle. 

What is your favorite childhood memory? I once hit Mike Schmidt with a golf cart at an elite tournament and Tiger Woods was specifically frustrated with the commotion I caused… Whoops. 

Twitter or Instagram? Why? Instagram, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Where is your favorite place to eat on campus? Any place that doesn’t make me nauseous… So, maybe no where. 

What decade would you go to in a time machine? The 60s or 70s! Preferably trying to go to Woodstock.

If you were an ice cream flavor, what would you be? Sea salt caramel, sweet but sometimes a little salty.

Kayla Brown is a Senior at UT. Majoring in criminology, she one day hopes to do something badass af. While Kayla is not writing for Her Campus or studying for class, you can find her hanging with her sorority sisters, watching This is Us, or eating Kraft mac and cheese.