Behind the Scenes of Her Campus: Claire S. Farrow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Have you ever wondered who is behind the scenes of Her Campus UT? Each week we will be featuring a different Her Campus UT member, so be on the lookout! 

Name: Claire Farrow

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major(s): Writing & Film and Media Arts

Minor: English

Birthplace: Huntsville, AL

Hometown: Huntsville, AL

Her Campus Position: Campus Celebrity & Cutie Editor

What is your favorite part of Her Campus? Why did you decide to join? I love the creative freedom that Her Campus provides, while still having a solid structure for format and deadlines. I decided to join Her Campus initially to gain more published writing experience, and since joining I have found an amazing group of women who are supportive, fun, talented, and have a passion for writing.

What has been the most rewarding part of being on this team? Definitely the supportive atmosphere and the unique creative freedom this team offers—also, the great success that we have had after such as short time as an organization.

What’s one thing most people don’t know about you? I wrote my first “book” when I was six years old. It was poorly written and had a terrible plot line, but that’s when I discovered I possessed a writer’s mind.

What other clubs/organizations are you in? Currently, I am an executive member of Spartan Toastmasters and an A&E writer/Culture Grind writer & host for The Minaret.

What are you most looking forward to about this year? Having the opportunity to branch out both on campus and in the work field.

Last minute advice for new students? Find a place to get involved, on or off campus, be it a club or volunteer organization. It’s a great way to take your mind off of school for a while and still do something that’s meaningful to you and/or others.

Describe yourself in three words: Funny, Passionate, and Imaginative.

What is a quote you live by? “Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~Albert Einstein

Advice to girls hesitant about joining the chapter? If you have any interest or passion about writing about what’s on your mind or heart, and want to have it heard (read) by others, whether to make them laugh, think, or be encouraged, this is the place for you. It doesn’t always have to be prolific or brilliantly crafted, but it is still important and worth putting out there. Everyone has a voice, and he/she should use it for the betterment of others, however that may be.

Dream vacation: Road tripping across Europe, particularly the UK (actually, definitely in the UK—can I just move there now?)

Kyetra Bryant, or Kye for short is a Junior at The University of Tampa. She is the Social Media Director and a Staff Writer for her chapter. Kye was born in Germany, but has spent most of her life on the East Coast of the United States. She is pursuing a B.A. in Journalism, two minors in Spanish and New Media Production, and a Certificate in International Studies. In her meantime she loves to read and write articles or short stories. Her top three obsessions are music, manga and online shopping. She aspires to one day be a Travel Writer and published author. Feel free to follow her personal blog at curiouskye.wordpress.com or on Twitter @_KyeB.