All Hail The Queen: Beyonce!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

It was a quiet early Friday morning in the United States of America on December 13th 2013, until Beyonce Knowles decided to pull the biggest surprise of the year. The very talented artist released a surprise visual album with 14 songs and 17 videos, self-titled Beyonce. Within the first three hours of her release, she had already sold 80,000 copies. WOW! This led her to be the number one artist in ten countries in the first three days of the albums release. The accomplishments this woman has conquered are mind blowing. She is a trendsetter and a leader in the music world yesterday, today and forever. Let me repeat that this was a SURPRISE album, meaning absolutely NO promotion whatsoever.

Blah, blah, blah anyone who is a loyal fan is not worried about the numbers. We know what she is capable of, but the music is what its all about. This album is a new and sexy Beyonce that we have never seen before. She came to show the world that having a baby has not been slowing her down and if anything, having a baby made her sexier. You go Queen B!

Source

The album has songs that embody every emotion a female could have.  If you’re getting ready to go to the club or a party, “Drunk in Love” will be your go to song. Maybe you’re feeling a little on the sexy side one day,“Rocket” will make you feel like the Victoria Secret model you always aspired to be. And as a female, there is always one day of the week where we are just down in the dumps. “XO” gives you the perfect girly feeling to put you back in your groove. Last but not least, we can not forget that Beyonce is all about women empowerment. The day where you feel like you’re about to take over the world, “Flawless” is the song you must listen to.

Oh wait, I did mention that it is a visual album, so for EVERY SINGLE SONG there is a video to go with it? Not only will the songs bring you back to life, the videos will give you every breath you desire on this earth.  I don’t want to give too much away on the videos because by this time I’m guessing you already downloaded the album on itunes. So we can all just here and thank the King once again for letting us live life in everlasting happiness.

Beyhive we are back in action! Not like anyone was taking our spot anyway…