This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

A: Arctic room temperatures

• Everyone thinks that because it’s 90 degrees outside, our rooms should be set to -30.

B: Bayshore Boulevard

• This is not only one of the prettiest sidewalks in America, it is also the longest unbroken sidewalk! Everyone needs a good stroll down Bayshore every once-in-awhile.

C: Construction

• There will never be a time that we don’t have construction happening on campus, but the awesome new buildings definitely make up for it.

D: Docks

• (For tanning, of course).

E: Einsteins

• Why are we always waiting in a twenty minute line for one bagel with enough shmear for 3 separate bagels? For whatever reason, you’ll always find your way back to Einstein’s.

F: Florida

• This one doesn’t really need an explanation.

G: Global Messages

• Does anyone actually read those?

H: Her Campus

• DUH. Her Campus is an awesome organization on UT’s campus. I mean, you wouldn’t be reading this article without us!

I: International Mall

• Lucky for us, we have a huge mall less than 15 minutes away from campus.

J: Jam-packed parking garages

• When will we ever have enough parking for the amount of kids with cars on campus? It seems like everytime we build more parking, they allow more kids to drive.

K: Kennedy Boulevard

• It’s pretty much impossible to get to campus without going on Kennedy. But that traffic is suuuuch a buzzkill.

L: Laser Team

• Whether you’re lazy or just in a rush, Laser Team’s got your back. Well…until it’s night time on the weekends and everyone is calling Laser Team at the same time; then your wait might be a little longer than anticipated.

M: Minarets

• The minarets are one of the staples of UT life. Every picture of the school in every pamphlet sent in the mail features our infamous Plant Hall.

N: NCAA division champs for baseball

• They’re winners and their butts look good in those baseball pants.

O: Outpost

• If you haven’t tried their Buffalo Chicken Fries or the Honey BBQ Wings, you need to. Outpost is our go to when we need a break from campus food.

P: Party in the Park

• We’ve had Matt and Kim, we’ve had Big Sean, and we’re all excited to see who’s coming this year!

Q: Quiet Sundays

• Whether it’s because of last-minute homework or from still being passed out from going out the night before, campus is always super “hush hush” on Sundays.

R: Rathskeller

• The Rathskeller is the most underrated dining spot at UT. Those delicious Boar’s Head sandwiches aren’t going to eat themselves!

S: Squirrels

• It’s like all squirrels on college campuses have no fear. We’re definitely more afraid of them than they are of us.

T: Tony from the Caf

• He’s quirky and charismatic and he somehow makes that super long omelet line bearable. Plus, he’s probably tried to set you up with a guy in line with you. Thanks for trying, Tony. Thanks for trying.

U: UoT_Secure

• I understand 8,000 people are using the WiFi at the same time, but come on, UT. Needing to turn in a paper by 12:00 am and the Internet going out at 11:59 pm really, really sucks.

V: Vaughn (President)

• Not only did President Vaughn help get our school out of a major student population decrease, but he also has been seen buying Starbucks on campus for students. Shoutout to this man!

W: Waterfront view of the Hillsborough River

•   While the river may be dirty, the view from some of our residence halls is beautiful, especially at night

X: eXam Jam

• Every semester before finals, Student Productions throws a fun event for the stressed kids on campus. We’ve had everything from fried dough to free henna tattoos.

Y: Ybor City

• Whether you’re in Ybor for tattoos, clubs, concerts, or some good food, it’s always a fun place to be.

Z: Zipcars

• Yes, you can actually rent cars from UT!

Sky is a junior at The University of Tampa, majoring in Communications. Even though she was born in Maryland and goes to college in Florida, her heart will always be across the country in Los Angeles, California. Most of the time, you can probably catch her skating around campus on her longboard or clumsily walking into something while she's on her phone.
Kayla Brown is a Senior at UT. Majoring in criminology, she one day hopes to do something badass af. While Kayla is not writing for Her Campus or studying for class, you can find her hanging with her sorority sisters, watching This is Us, or eating Kraft mac and cheese.
Ashley is a third year student at the University of Tampa in sunny Florida. The three things she can't live without? Puppies, coffee, and pizza.