8 Upcoming Events in the Tampa Area

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

If you’re like me and hate doing the same thing every weekend, then look no further. I have compiled a list of different types of events in or around the Tampa area to keep you occupied until Spring Break gets here. I have something for the sports fanatic, concert junkie, and fellow foodie!

1. Maroon 5: February 25, 2015 at 7:30pm

This concert is guaranteed to be amazing. I mean, who doesn’t love Maroon 5? Tickets are all sold out through the Amalie Arena venue, but you can still purchase resale tickets. 

2. Strawberry Festival: February 26 to March 8, 2015

This annual festival is one of my favorites (for the food obviously). Here you can find an assortment of desserts made with strawberries, turkey legs, funnel cake, and fried EVERYTHING. Boyz II Men will be performing on March 6 and John Legend will be performing on March 7. 

3. Waka Flocka Flame: February 28, 2015 at 10pm

If you don’t mind the 1 hour drive, Waka Flocka Flame will be in Orlando at the Firestone Live. This falls on a Saturday, so it’ll be a great opportunity to check out the Orlando nightlife scene afterwards. 

4. Spartans vs. Phillies Spring Training: March 1, 2015 at 1pm

The first spring training game of the season features our Tampa Spartans against the Philadelphia Phillies at the Brighthouse Stadium in Clearwater. This will be a great opportunity to support our school, as the game will be televised on the MLB channel. Specialty discount tickets are available from $8-$15. Use the discount code “Spartans” on the Phillies website. 

5. Harlem Globetrotters: March 4, 2015 at 7pm

The legendary Harlem Globetrotters are coming to Tampa. This should be a fun event if you enjoy basketball and want to see these players do funny tricks. 

6. Spring Jam: March 6, 2015 at 8pm

This year’s Spring Jam is definitely for those who appreciate old-school R&B music. Keith Sweat, Ginuwine, Dru Hill, and Jon B will be performing. Tickets start at $39. 

7. Gasparilla Music Festival: March 7 to March 8, 2015

If you’re still in the Gasparilla spirit, than you won’t want to miss this music festival. The lineup includes over 60 different indie artists and of course there will be food!  Local restaurants such as Ella’s Folk Art Café, Holy Hog BBQ, and Malio’s Steakhouse, just to name a few, will be catering. 

8. Wild 94.1 Wildsplash: March 7, 2015

Every year Wild 94.1 FM puts on this concert in Clearwater. This year’s lineup includes Flo Rida, T.I., Meek Mill, Shaggy, Kevin Gates, and more! Tickets are $35.

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Julia Egbe-Monthe is a Senior at University of Tampa majoring in Marketing and minoring in Criminology. Her love for fashion, pop culture, and all things UT is what inspired her to join Her Campus. She currently serves as an Editor for her HC chapter. Follow her on IG: @yeahju