7 Yoga Moves That Will Blow Your Mind…Literally!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Yoga: it balances your chakras, quiets your mind, and sculpts your body to near perfection. But perhaps best of all, it makes you super bendy! Not only do you stretch your body into positions you didn’t even know possible, you do it all while being conscious of your breathing. Perhaps now is the time to bring your yoga moves from the mat to the bed. For those of us who have shared our twin sized dorm mattress with someone special, we know how helpful a yoga move or two can be. Here are the top 7 yoga positions to try now! 

1.     Downward-facing Dog Source

This is doggy style like you’ve never seen it before. For a little variety, extend one leg up towards the sky for downward facing dog split.

2.     Cow Pose Source

This is like the doggy style you’ve come to know and love, but now we’re calling it cow.

3.     Cobra Pose Source

Are you thinking what I’m thinking? Hint: Use your head!

4.     Happy Baby Source

Happy baby definitely equates to a happy lady.

5.     Side Plank Source

Benefit of this position: when you finish you’re arms are guaranteed to have definition

6.     Plow Pose Source

Not only is this a great stretch for the lower back, it’s called plow pose. Really, plow pose. Does it get much better than that?

7.     Crow Pose Source

Props to you if you can actually balance in this position, infinite props if you can actually perform like this.

Bonus: Corpse pose

This will usually conclude your yoga sequence. This is where you lie flat on your back, catch a few breaths, and decide whether you’ll make your own sandwich or call Jimmy John’s for delivery.

Now aren’t you glad you have a closet full of yoga pants?! 

T-Age' Williams is a junior at The University of Tampa majoring in Advertising and Public Relations and minoring in Spanish. Originally from NYC, she has a slight (ok, maybe a little more than slight) obsession with Sex and The City, art museums, and trying new foods. As an advocate for healthier lifestyles and a pescatarian, she loves sushi and anything with avocado. In her free time she likes yoga, cooking new recipes, thrift shopping, and watching cartoons. Her ultimate goals are to become editor of a fashion magazine, learn French, and have a pet pig named Seraphina.