gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

7 Worst Types of Boyfriends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

We all have those exes that we don’t understand why we were ever with them months after the fact. At first, we don’t see anything wrong with the way they are, but there are always red flags and here they are:

The “Not Really” Your Boyfriend

He refuses to ask you to be his girlfriend. He invites you over, and holds you all night, and cooks breakfast in the morning, but then he ignores you when he sees you during the day on campus. He gets drunk and tells you how much he likes you, but then turns around the next day and says your just friends. The up and down rollercoaster is never ending with this guy.

The Stage-Five Clinger

This boyfriend never leaves you alone. He is always texting you wondering what you’re up to, and who you’re with, and he freaks out when you want to just hang with your girls instead of him.

The Emotionally Abusive

He is always picking fights and somehow finds a way to make it your fault every time. He makes you feel like you’re so horrible, even when you’re truly fantastic. This boyfriend takes the smile off your face and the twinkle out of your eye.

The “Funny” Guy

This boyfriend never takes anything serious. He thinks cracking jokes is going to get him through life, and he uses his humor to mask his downfalls. He’s never going to be worth more than the “he makes me laugh when I’m feeling down.”

The Couch Potato

He is the laziest person you have ever met. He never follows through with his plans for the future. He can’t hold a job because he calls out all the time, and he can’t finish school because he never does his homework, and fails all his exams. So, now he sits at home, gets babied by his mom, and parties with all of the high schoolers.

The One with a lot of Baggage

You met this guy when you were older. You haven’t known him your whole life and; therefore, you have no idea what’s happened earlier in his. He keeps to himself, and blames everything on his past even though he will never really open up about what that past was.

The A$$h@le

There is really no explanation to this. He’s a jerk. He treats you like crap and makes you feel ugly, disgusting, and dumb. Everything he says to you is some rude comment. He makes fun of your friends, and he talks badly about your life choices. This guy is never worth it.

Maybe you’ve had one of each of these boyfriends, or maybe you’ve had multiple of them wrapped into one like I have. Either way, be warned of these men and keep them out of your lives from now on. Prince Charming does exist!

Kayla Brown is a Senior at UT. Majoring in criminology, she one day hopes to do something badass af. While Kayla is not writing for Her Campus or studying for class, you can find her hanging with her sorority sisters, watching This is Us, or eating Kraft mac and cheese.
Sam is Campus Correspondent for the University of Tampa! She is a communications major with a concentration in media studies and a minor in new media production. For someone who is barely five feet tall, Sam has big aspirations. She hopes to become the next Rachel Hollis or Miranda Priestly. If all else fails however, she’ll have an exciting future as Mrs. Justin Bieber! Sam talks non stop about her sorority, Pi Beta Phi and can easily be spotted on campus wearing her letters. She is an avid brunch goer and disney enthusiast. Buy her some cheesecake and you're guaranteed friends.