5 Ways to Incorporate Magick/Witchcraft Into Your Daily Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

We all could use a little magick in our lives, but did you know you can incorporate elements of magick or witchcraft into your daily life without identifying as a witch, Wiccan, Pagan, etc.? In fact, I guarantee you practice magick every day without realizing it. In case you weren’t sure how, here is how to add a little magick to your everyday. ✨

1. Setting a daily intention

Have you ever meditated on your goals and aspirations? You were practicing magick! Waking up and setting a goal or intention for the day can be a great way to attract positive things into your life. The thing is, work has to be done in follow up. “Manifestation” culture has become a big thing recently, and even though it’s rooted in truth, people are being led to believe they can have whatever they want just by speaking (or tweeting) it out. Sure, great things can be manifested into reality; but they can only come to those who are deserving, and put in the effort required to achieve those things.

2. Crystals

Working with crystals is a simple and powerful way to bring magick into your daily life. Personally, I like taking the opportunity to stretch my intuition and pick one at random, whatever I choose is what I need to carry with me that day (usually in my bra). If you are new to crystals, I recommend a few basics that are good for day to day:

Amethyst- tranquility, peace (promotes good sleep)

Clear quartz- clarity, clear and focused mind. (also works like an amplifier when paired with something else)

Rose quartz- divine, unconditional love. Great for bringing love to yourself all day long.

3. Card of the day

If you practice tarot, it can be easy to feel disconnected from your decks from time to time. The good thing is, you don’t have to do an elaborate reading to stay connected to your practice. Shuffling your decks with love and picking a card of the day is the perfect way to show your decks some love and attention, as well as learn what you need to focus on that day. 

4. Gratitude

Practicing simple gratitude will never go out of style. This common wellness technique has foundations in metaphysical practices, and is perfect for sending your love into the universe. Jotting down a few things you’re grateful for every day can give you a more optimistic outlook on life, and help with your manifestations. After all, how can the universe give gifts to people who never say thank you?

5. Mindfulness

Just like gratitude, mindfulness helps us live slowly, calmly, and with intent. It’s easy to get swept up into the lightning fast world we live in, but taking a few moments to yourself to be fully mindful can go such a long way for your mental health and overall wellbeing. Personally, I like to have one good mindfulness moment every day, and it’s usually lunchtime! Eat slowly and thank the universe for your meal. Food is nourishment and a blessing, and the perfect opportunity to move with intent and joy. 

As always, good luck and love eternal.

Capricorn ☀️ Gemini ? Taurus ? Maryanna is a freshman Art Therapy major at the University of Tampa. She loves all things wellness, spirituality and the metaphysical lifestyle. You can often find her in the park painting pictures of cows, or on Instagram @maryanna__bee. Blessed Be!
Amanda Thompson is a native of Portland, Maine who is currently a Senior studying Communications at The University of Tampa. When she's not binge-watching New Girl, you can find her dancing around to Jhené Aiko, Lana Del Rey or Kehlani. If you want to keep up with Amanda, follow her on Instagram @amaandathompson