5 Things to Get Used to When You Have A Gay Brother

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

When my brother John came out, my family was nothing but accepting. But, there were some things that I never saw coming.

1. He will ALWAYS be the more photogenic one.

Even from the young age of four, he has always been able to outshine me in the photograph department. 

2. His SAT ticket looks like an Abercrombie ad.

3. He has the nicer looking skin.

#flawless

4. He will look way cuter with his boyfriend than you ever will with yours. 

5. He has a better sense of style than you do. 

Not to mention, he will also let you know when your outfit isn’t really doing it for you. 

6. He will obtain more Instagram likes than you could ever dream of. 

This picture got him 395 likes. The most amount of likes I’ve gotten is about 80 and it’s a picture of me dressed as Honey Boo Boo…

Although he may have the upper hand over me in several categories, there’s no one I’d rather have random dance-off’s in the middle of the kitchen with.  Xoxo

Aurora O'Brien is a Junior at the University of Tampa majoring in Elementary Education. Born and raised in Boston, MA she came to Tampa to escape the snow and the cold. When she is not writing for HerCampus, you can find her binge watching Netflix, listening to everything and anything that has to do with country music, and dreaming of one day marrying Taylor Kitsch, aka Tim Riggins. A die hard Boston sports fan, she spends her time watching the Red Sox and the Bruins. No matter how far life takes her, she will always love that dirty water, and Boston will always be her home.