This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

The Spring 2021 Semester has finally begun, so I thought I would share what I’ve been listening to in order to get pumped. The playlist I’ve created definitely is full of range. So, hopefully you’ll find something you like. Here are just a few of my current favorites: 

1. Drivers License – Olivia Rodgrido. This girl really knows how to hit the heartstrings. 

2. Good Days- SZA. The lyrics just hit. “tryna free my mind before the end of the world / I don’t miss no ex, I don’t miss no text/ I just choose not to respond / I don’t regret, just pretend shit never happened” 

3. Champagne Problems – Taylor Swift. She is a lyric god. She just knows how to create hits. 

4. 34+35 / 34+35 Remix – Ariana Grande (Doja Cat/ Megan Thee Stallion). I love all these artists, so it definitely adds something more to the song! It’s a bop. 

5. De Una Vez – Selena Gomez. I absolutely love that she released another song in spanish. I really love this song & what it’s about. 

6. Lie Lie Lie – Joshua Bassett. Okay, but like this song slaps. It’s really catchy. 

There are more songs on the actual playlist, so I’ll leave the link here. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2tZU2xEVoyzEiwmOsCAxEm?si=QCYA51J3S2-FhsO1vauAMw 

I hope you enjoy it! :) 

Naomi is a Senior Musical Theatre major at The University of Tampa. Her dream career is working in Film, TV, and Broadway. Currently, she resides in Florida, but hopes to live on the West Coast after graduating. She would also love to visit Oaxaca, MX, where she is from. In her free time, she enjoys drinking iced coffees, walking her dog with her family, and watching Netflix.
Amanda Thompson is a native of Portland, Maine who is currently a Senior studying Communications at The University of Tampa. When she's not binge-watching New Girl, you can find her dancing around to Jhené Aiko, Lana Del Rey or Kehlani. If you want to keep up with Amanda, follow her on Instagram @amaandathompson