The 12 best Afrobeats tracks of summer 2018

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

The summer of 2018 opened my eyes (and obviously my ears) to the greatest Afrobeats tracks I have ever heard. With African artists steadily invading the world stage, climbing the charts alongside American artists, their efforts are finally coming to fruition. Even the most unfamiliar of individuals have developed an appreciation for these tunes, some of which have been released as early as 2011. Although played on repeat on the KISS FM radio station, and every single night at Diani beach, artists like Maleek Berry and YCEE stay at the top of my playlists, and will hopefully join the top of yours. Here is a list of my favorites from the best Kenyan summer of my life.

12. Soco – Starboy feat. Wizkid, Ceeza Milli, Spotless & Terri

Click Here to listen!

11. Daddy Yo – Wizkid

Click Here to listen!

10. Live and Die in Afrika – Sauti Sol

Click Here to listen!

9. African Beauty – Diamond Platnumz feat. Omarion

Click Here to listen!

8. Particula – Major Lazer & DJ Maphorisa feat. Nasty C, Patoranking & Jidenna

Click Here to listen!

7. Kwa Ngwaru – Harmonize feat. Diamond Platnumz

Click Here to listen!

6. Kontrol – Maleek Berry

Click Here to listen!

5. Bend it – Maleek Berry

Click Here to listen!

4. Juice – YCEE feat. Maleek Berry

Click Here to listen!

3. 4 Me – Maleek Berry

Click Here to listen!

2. 079Me – B Young

Click Here to listen!

1. Fine Girl – ZieZie

Click Here to listen!

There you have it, my 12 favourite afrobeats tracks of 2018!

Identifying as British, Kenyan and Indian, Shivali is a wild, carefree travel enthusiast currently studying Marine Biology at UT. Slightly dolphin obsessed, and netflix crazy, you will find her at your closest Starbucks nursing her favourite iced coffee in a signature all black outfit!