10 Movies to Watch on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Staying in on Valentine’s Day with your significant other or best friends is quite possibly the best way to spend Valentine’s Day! You don’t have to dress up and go out to an expensive dinner and a movie, when you can order in pizza and watch 1 or 2 (or all!) of these top 10 romance movies. 

1.The Notebook: You can’t have a list of romance movies without The Notebook. It’s too good to pass up and hello, Ryan Gosling!

2. Valentine’s Day: With a star studded cast and the holiday being the actual title of the movie, it’s the perfect Valentine’s Day movie that will make you laugh and smile. 

3. Titanic: We’ve all seen Titanic at least ten times, and still cry when Rose lets go of Jack. 

4. 50 First Dates: Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore keep us laughing through this entire rom-com when Lucy’s (Barrymore) memory resets every night. 

5. Crazy Stupid Love: With a dream cast (Ryan Gosling, again!) this movie is funny and painful at the same time, just like the holiday itself! 

6. (500) Days of Summer: A classic indie film that gives all you singles out there hope! 

7. Dirty Dancing: Our moms will be proud we watched this one. You have to admit, Patrick Swayze was pretty cute for his time, nearly 30 years ago. 

8. Pretty Woman: It’s not every day a millionaire falls in love with a hooker. But then again, it is Julia Roberts. 

9. Silver Linings Playbook: Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper prove that there’s a difference between crazy in love and crazy in love. 

10. The Last Song: Pre-twerking Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth make for a great and tragic love story. Pull out the tissues for this one. 

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11