10 Movies that Represent the Spirit of Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

It’s crazy to think that these movies are just about as old as us. It feels like just yesterday you were getting ready to snuggle up with your family and a cup of hot coco, while watching these iconic films. Lets be honest, we can all say we still do this. Unfortunately with age, Christmas doesn’t always feel so glamours and magical as it once did when we were children. Fortunately, there are some movies that still bring out the holiday spirit and allow you to believe like you once did.

1. The Polar Express: “Believing is seeing”

2. Elf: “Do you need a hug?”

3. Home Alone: “Ma’am, I’m eight years old. You think I would be here *alone*? I don’t think so.”

4. The Santa Clause: “If something should happen to me, put on my suit; the reindeer will know what to do.”

5. The Santa Clause 2: “I have to get married?!”

6. The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause: “You’re not Santa anymore. You’re just a guy that smells like a cookie.”

7. How the Grinch Stole Christmas: “The, The, The, The … The GRINCH!!”

8. Miracle On 34th Street: “Let him go! Let Santa go!”

9. Christmas with the Kranks: “You forgot the white chocolate!”

10. A Christmas Story: “No! No! I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!”

The holiday season is the happiest time of the year. Just because we are getting older, doesn’t mean we have to stop believing or allowing ourselves to feel the magic of Christmas!

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

"Your life is your art. You are the art. And it's more than the sum total of the jobs you book, the paintings your create, the poetry you write, the money you save, the sales you make. It's your joy and hope and love and passion expressed onto this gigantic canvas called Existence." - Anthony Meindl