Winter Olympics-Inspired Activities in Syracuse

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

If you were inspired after watching all of the elite athletes at the Sochi Olympics, here’s some Winter Olympics-Inspired activities to add to your to-do list this weekend right here in ‘Cuse!  

Figure Skating

If you felt like you went wrong with your life so far after watching girls your age compete in this event, (C’mon mom why didn’t you force me into figure skating at age 6?) grab some friends and head to Tennity Ice Skating Pavilion where you can skate for FREE with an SU ID!

If you like the pairs skating event, bring a date-what a great Valentines day-date idea! 

I’m SURE you will be able to do this:

Ice Hockey

Ok we all know basketball Season is in full swing.  But, if you are in need of a change of pace, attend a Syracuse Crunch game! Tickets start at just $16.  Experience a professional sports atmosphere 5 minutes from campus!

OR support the SU men’s Hockey team when they take on University of Delaware TODAY at 6:30 at Tennity.

Skiing

One way to get your skiing fix in on campus is simply wearing boots with little traction (i.e. Hunters) and attempting to walk on any of the sloping sidewalks on campus between classes.  I mean factor in the other students, the fact that you are carrying books, and trying not to get hit by cars…walking on our hilly campus has more obstacles than the Slope-style event!

Or if you are interested in more traditional skiing, you can head to Greek Peak. It’s a short car ride from campus (no more than 45 min).  Go make use of all of the snow that we have and the inspiration from watching the best athletes in the world!

Curling

If the Olympics didn’t inspire you to dabble in this sport, maybe OUR favorite athletes can inspire you.  Yes, the Syracuse basketball team shows us how it’s done: 

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/syracuse-basketball-players-will-be-the-…