Seven Things We’re Pumped for This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

It’s that time of year again- the weather is getting warmer, classes are almost over, and there’s just a general buzz in the air. You know what that means… summer is almost here! Here are 7 things we are most looking forward to this summer season.

1.  Seeing the sun again

As everyone who goes to Syracuse knows, the weather around here is pretty gloomy. Seeing the sun is really rare. However, with the summer months comes brighter skies, happier moods, and more time spent outdoors. We can’t wait to put on our sunglasses and start soaking up that Vitamin D!

2. Spending time with friends from home

Spring break was about two months ago, which means we haven’t gotten to see all of our friends from high school since then. Summer is a great time to catch up on all the stuff you missed in each other’s lives, and to get in some quality time before leaving for school again in the fall. It is perfect for going on adventures and creating new memories, while also remembering old times.

3. Summer jobs

While spending the summer working may not seem ideal, it is an awesome way to make some extra spending money for the school year. Also, during the summer there are not as many extra commitments to worry about, so you can focus more on your job instead of a paper due tomorrow or a club meeting you have to attend. Lots of places are looking to hire college students for the summer, so it is definitely something to consider if you are wondering what to do with all your free time.

4. Having time to relax

Getting a summer job is a great way to spend your time, but it is also important to take some time to just relax. Go to the beach with your friends, take a hike, eat some ice cream… whatever works for you! Taking care of yourself and de-stressing is basically essential during the summer, especially before going back to the daily stresses of college life.

5. Movie premieres

Summer 2017 looks like it’s going to have a movie for everyone. Some titles are: Wonder Woman, Pirates of the Caribbean, Despicable Me 3, and even a Captain Underpants movie is coming out! Seeing a movie is a great way to escape the heat or rain, and it is also a super easy, fun way to get a group together.

6. Music festivals

No matter where you live, there is probably a summer music festival near you. There’s Coachella, Governor’s Ball, Lollapalooza, and so many more. Music festivals are just a few days long, but they are full of amazing music, food, fashion, and memories. We highly recommend checking out some festivals in your area, as they are such an incredible experience!

7. Road trips/vacations

What better time than summer to take that trip you’ve been planning with your friends? Whether it be a drive to a state park or a flight to visit your friends from school, travelling is such a cool and fun activity. With no more class schedules to worry about, this summer is the best time to finally get away from it all and have some adventures!

Lauren Dana

Syracuse '18

Lauren Dana is a juinor Magazine Journalism major at Syracuse University and the Editor-in-Chief of HC 'Cuse! She is a TV-addict, pop culture fanatic and manicure enthusiast who enjoys spending time with family, friends, shopping, writing, and buying wayyyy too much makeup