This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Syracuse chapter.

The only competition that could include lip synch, boy bands, glitter and whole lot of makeup is Drag. This weekend Syracuse welcomed the Kings and Queens of the stage in the semi-finals of Pride Union’s 14th Annual Drag Show.

Hard work and true talent created what was just about the toughest semi-finals in SU Drag Show history.

“I think I did pretty well.” said Drag Queen Jasmine Tea. “I have things prepared, dance breaks, choreography up the works. I’m trying to go for a hip hop/ Asian flare.”

The immediate reflection of fun directly printed on the faces of both the competitors and the fans is what makes for an even better crowd experience.

“It gets better and better every year. This was amazing,” said Quinntassia Worrell, a senior and avid Drag Show goer. “I loved it so much!”

“This is my first time coming to the drag show, “ said Olivia Barbieri, a sophomore at SU. “I thought everyone had a lot of support no matter what.”

With blaring music and top notch dance numbers, the contestants gave finals-worthy performances. But the stiff competition for a semi only foreshadowed the competition to come.

“It was definitely an improvement from last year and the finals will be even better. We have so much cooked up,” said Drag King “S.B.” “We have backup dancers ready, it’s going to be great. We always have a great time. That’s the big thing with this. It’s just about having fun and everybody does.”

Hi there! My name is Gabrielle, and I'm the Editor/ Campus Correspondent for the Syracuse chapter of Her Campus! I am a sophomore Television, Radio, and Film major in the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications. I like traveling, cinematic classics, show tunes, long walks on the beach, chocolate, chocolate on the beach, and anything pink. Go 'Cuse! HCXO